Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mi Familia

So, in Arizona, after Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon, I'm headed down to Tempe to see some kin. And to meet some new additions to the family! It had been maybe 5 years since I've seen these folk, and of course it was great catching up - a lot happens in 5 years!

There was rest, relaxation, and little kids. Now, I know the latter often negates the former, but in my case it didn't - hanging out with the youngins was fun and seriously upflifting. Well, for me - for the little ones, I don't know, it might have been a little intense. Or, at least it seemed that way. One of them was seriously wierded out - he kept running away from me on his trike, going so far and so fast, that he'd eventually run up against the door.


And then, just generally hiding from me, but just a bit curious, he gives me the peek-around from within his room:

In the end, we definitely made friends though.

This was also an excellent break, first because I could hang out with the kids, and more than tha, I got to hang out with the kids during Halloween. Awesome neighborhoods in Tempe! Good people abound.

I've got no good Halloween pictures, but I did dress up as a trucker from Virginia, so give that time to resonate. (Sorry Stevie, totally borrowed your accent for that one... But I think I did it justice!)

Very nice to see family and take a break from the road, and a thousand thank-you's to Uncle Mike for making sure my vehicle was sound, and resolving my navigational dilemma. It was lovely to see you all, and I look forward to the next go-round!

Meanwhile, I'm off to Prescott College to see what life would have been like if I transferred for a Semester...

No comments: