Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Grand Canyon State

Enter Flagstaff, 7:30 PM; no, wait... The cell phone says 6:30?! That doesn't sound right, I wasn't supposed to cross another time zone for hundreds of miles!

So apparently, Arizona doesn't "do" the whole Daylight Savings "thing." Which is great in Spring - I know "Daylight Savings" becomes a muttered curse-word in my vernacular. But it will be an awful pain when California 'falls back' and I'm an hour behind again.

I have family in Arizona, which is wonderful. My Aunt and Uncle also have a house in Flagstaff, so this was a great check-point for me. A place to get some sound sleep after almost a week in the desert, to recoup and make plans with my kin. I also had to decide whether to shoot up to the Grand Canyon before going down to Tempe to see the relatives.

I've been there before when I was a kid, so there was no real pressure to go see this amazing thing for the first time; but I rationed that I would be looking into the 'grand' expanse with much different eyes than the last time, and what the hell, it's only an hour up the road.

The road from Flagstaff

No comments: