Sunday, November 2, 2008

Deep in the Heart...

I'll give her credit, I saw ten times as many wind turbine operations than oil rigs. Not that I went to the coast, and I wouldn't dare venture into the South Western corner of the state, but for what it's worth, watching the sun set against the backdrop of turbine-covered range really wasn't terrible.

Also, leaving Colorado Bend State Park was an experienced - I crossed the same 'Open Range' that had me cautious and white-knuckled the night before.

"Open Range: Watch for Livestock"

Thanks for the 'Heads-up!'

The night before, however, was not so exciting. Enjoying my sleep in the car, with the moon roof open and all the windows cracked, at around 3 AM this part of the state saw the first frost of the season. Goody for me. Too cold and tired to close the windows, I'm lucky I still have all my toes, and thankful for my queen-sized comforter!

Ahh, the beautiful Colorado Bend. No doubt it didn't help decrease the windchill on this frosty night. Ugh.

With Huntsville, Austin, Abilene, Lubbock and Amarillo behind me, I'm on my way to Santa Fe.

No comments: