Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Blue Ridge Parkway

What a place! Vistas overlooking the ridge every ten minutes, windy roads and switchbacks - I wish I had a video camera attached to my car, y'all would get motion sick in a minute!

The campgrounds so far have been excellent, and decreasing in price as I go; The first stop in the Poconos, where I did not dally, cost some $30. The next from some friendly folk just outside the parkway, $22. Then I finally found the parkway. Now, the ride from Pennsylvania to Virginia was nice; and I finally saw just what 'Virginia Creeper' was...but nothing could compare to the Blue Ridge Parkway!



The campgrounds just off the Parkway have been modest and affordable... aside from some humongous bees and the constant threat of some ornery mother blackbear, it was fine.



I'll have to do an 'in-depth' look at the contents of my RV (read: subaru wagon) at the next campground.

1 comment:

B Kiddo said...

I am so jealous! Love the stories, love the pictures. Though I do miss your angelic voice and friendly smile on Friday nights! Maybe you can show us all how you mastered the "G cord" at Open Mic when you return!