Friday, December 19, 2008

A Short Stay in San Francisco

So, having decided that I am categorically not a city girl, my stay in San Francisco was to be brief. I had a friend from Vermont who had recently traversed the United States in almost 3 days... trying to show me up... he landed in San Fran, so I wanted to meet up and see a piece of Vermont in this bustling city.

So, I meet T at Haight/Ashbury. It was great. That's a fun area. Lots of homeless, freaks and miserable there, but at least this was a city-city, and those kinds of people are expected.

I can't stay, I'm done with the madness and need to head back into the forests. I spent one night on a couch and watched T do some surfing the next morning. Well, 'morning.' I have no idea what time it really was.

Nice, T.


Cool scene. Too cold for me, too expensive for wetsuits, and I'm too ready to head North.

San Francisco: You make my stomach weak and my body tilt slightly to the left. Cool.



Now, as I'm leaving, and headed into the woods, I have one regret. Where the hell are the seals? You could hear them barking at the marina from the main streets of Santa Cruz in the middle of the night... But ask a GPS to take you to the Marina and you get waves and volleyball. So, bummed about this, and looking over an astonishing view of the Pacific (Golden Gate Park, I believe?), I hear one of those slimy buggers barking below! Can't see a darned thing...maybe a shadow... so I take two pictures anyhow. Turns out...




No comments: